Here are some interesting facts about Weddings in 2014:
– June and August are the most popular months to get married in
– The average number of guests is 175, with the average cost of a wedding being $20, 000.
– The average age of a groom is 35 and the bride 33, compare that with 1977 when the ages were 26 and 24.
– 80% of brides have a formal wedding
– The average wedding party size is 4 Brides Maids (including the Maid of Honour), 62% have a Flower Girl and 56% have a Ring Bearer
– 17 tons of gold is used each year to make wedding rings
– 6200 couples marry each day in the US
– The most popular wedding song is Wagner’s “Bridal Chorus”, better known as “Here comes the Bride”